Wednesday, April 7, 2010

One Hundred Favorite Things

I was recently challenged to write out my One Hundred Favorite Things. On the list it could be something I want to do again or, something I want to do someday that will be a new experience for me.

This exercise reminded me of the popular movie, The Bucket List. Perhaps many of you have seen this movie and if not I'd recommend it. The movie reminds us that there are things in our lives we want to do and there is no time like the present to make that happen.

On my list I was happy to see that most of the items were very ordinary activities and things I could readily do anytime I set my mind to it! I wrote out several of my hobbies that I enjoy, but do not take enough time on a daily round to do, such as spend more time reading, knitting, cooking, gardening, walking, and revisiting some favorite places. There were other activities listed that with planning and budgeting I could make happen.

This exercise taught me that it usually is not about having enough money or even enough time to engage in the activities that interest us however, it is the decision to decide that 'yes, today I am going to...' I was reminded that it is about living life today, in the NOW! I was reminded of the power of decision, of choices, and how important it is to live our dreams today. The exercise fostered hope and brought a renewal of life energy for me to move forward with my desires.

I'm curious what your list will look like. I'd encourage you to write it out in your journal and please feel free to comment about your list.

No comments: