Sunday, April 25, 2010

The Path

As another week approaches I think of the 'age-old' question, "Am I on my path?"

Perhaps Kitchen Table Talk is about making our lives 'work' and to explore just what that means on a daily bases. The path that we are on implies just that-the day in and the day out of each of our lives. It is the ordinary, the structure, the routine and the moment of the NOW.

The path I'm on I hope is manifesting who I am, what I value, and what I want to reflect on in my latter years as living my life mindfully. I want to be able to sit down one day and say, "a job well done."

How about you? What is your path? Are you in the midst of changing paths? Do you hunger for a new path? Have you been detoured from the path you know you are meant to be traveling?

It is interesting to reflect on where one thought they'd be today and to see how this or that occurred re-routing one's path. Yet here we are; and, I have to trust that I am exactly where I am meant to be, doing exactly what is purposeful for my life today, and that if I fully live into this moment then all is well.

It brings me peace and joy to treasure the path that I call my life today. Imperfect as it is with all of the limitations I present in living my life it is my life and my path. I am here NOW and grateful for my path.

I like to encourage journaling and for today perhaps writing about the roads that you have travelled and the path that you see yourself to be on today, knowing that it is enough to be in the NOW.

No comments: