Sunday, September 25, 2011

A Picture of True Happiness on a Sunday Afternoon



A Picture of True Happiness

I was driving down a two-lane highway and to the side of the road I saw three young boys.  The boy that was in front was the oldest and he carried the fishing tackle box.  The next boy was walking a few feet behind and he had a bucket, a large bucket which he was carrying with both hands.  I assume it was full of water and the fish they had caught.  The last boy who looked to be the youngest was just steps behind the boy in the middle.  This youngest boy carried the fishing pole. 

They were not making any fashion statement and were not even color coordinated but how they caught my eye.  They had radiant smiles, a peacefulness that moved right into my car as I traveled along the highway.  I spontaneously smiled as I took in this sight of a leisure Sunday afternoon fishing trip of three boys without a care in the world.  The simplicity of that moment and the picture was worthy of a Norman Rockwell moment.  It was a gift to me and I said “Thank You.”


2 comments:

Ellen said...

Linda, this is a sweet image. You painted it well with your words. I'll take it to bed with me!

creativelife said...

Ellen,
Thanks for the comment. It was a 'step back in time' image.